So, we’re done with our 20K Budget Build for Intel. This time, we will try our luck and see if we can squeeze every peso to build a 20K Budget Build for AMD’s latest architecture, Ryzen and Nvidia’s GeForce GT 1030. The parts shown below are available at the local shops such as PCHub, Dynaquest and Ayoscomputer (Located at Cubao). Although their prices may change without prior notice, still the best way is to call them for parts availability before you proceed to their store.
AMD RYZEN BUILD 101
Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 1200 3.1Ghz Quad Core AM4
Price: P 5,700.00
- Ryzen 3 was just launched last July 2017 and AMD have given us the finest budget gaming CPU for your gaming and multitasking needs that can compete toe to toe with Intel’s i5 quad core offering for just P 5,700 or $110. Sporting a clock of 3.1Ghz base and 3.4Ghz Turbo clockspeed. To add more savings, you can purchase on a later date an aftermarket cooler as the Ryzen 3 1200 comes with Wraith Stealth Cooler. The stock cooler is so good, it can do mild overclock of below 3.8Ghz (this of course will vary on the set up you other factors to consider when overclocking a CPU).
Motherboard: MSI A320M Grenade
Price: P 3,850.00
- An entry level AM4 Motherboard made by MSI. It has dual DIMM slot with maximum memory of 32GB up to 3200Mhz (OC), 4 SATA3 and 1 M.2 slot for storage, 1 PCIe 3.0 x16 slot for GPU, Realtek ALC887 Codec 7.1 HD Audio, 1 DVI, 1 VGA and 1 HDMI. Although the Ryzen 3 1200 is can be overclocked, the AMD A320 chipset has no overclocking support. If you need an Overclocking capable motherboard, just add P 800 pesos for Asrock AB350M Pro 4 mATX.
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 2400 HX424C15FB2/8
- This is where building a Ryzen rig gets tricky. Choosing a RAM that is compatible with the system. Although one will argue that this is not the cheapest RAM available right now for our supposed Budget Build, but the Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 2400 specifically with module HX424C15FB2/8 is readily available in our local store AND it is included in the MSI A320M Grenade Qualified Vendor List (QVL) of Memory. You may still of course try to look for other brand at a lower cost, but make sure it included in the QVL to avoid the hassle of encountering issues with your Ryzen Build.
HARD DISK DRIVE: Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 1TB
Price: P 2,350.00
- Taken from our Intel Budget Build guide. We want to put in this guide its 500GB counter-part but for a few hundred pesos difference, it’s a no-brainer decision not choose the 1TB option. After all, most of the games available right now are at least 10GB of HDD requirement. Not to mention the updates it will have as you go on.
Video Card: Palit GeForce GT 1030
Price: P 3,520.00
- Not only this card is relatively low in cost, but this card can play some of today’s AAA games with a right kind of graphic settings. You can check this Youtube video showing GT 1030 playing some of modern title games. Setting aside the gaming aspect, this card can handle as well your photo/video editing needs. Equipped with DVI and HDMI 2.0b which can support up to 4K@60hz resolution. To top all that, it consumes only up to 30 watts of power.
Power Supply: Seasonic ECO Series 430 Watts
Price: P 1,830.00
Seasonic is one of the trusted Power Supply brands and the most recommended as well by all PC lovers. Aside from its being being efficient and budget friendly, it has a solid 5-year distributor warranty for your peace of mind.
Casing: Tecware Element Mid Tower Case
Price: P 1,350.00
- One of the budget casing that Tecware has. It supports standard ATX motherboard should you wish to go with full ATX path. It has 4 3.5” bays for standard size HDD, 2x SSD support, 3 5.25” bays for your ODD needs, 350mm maximum GPU card length and 160mm maximum CPU cooler height. But if you can stretch your budget for casing, you can check the Tecware Wuad Micro ATX casing for P 1,850.00 or Tecware Edge Tempered Glass mATX / ATX casing for only P 1,900.00
Total Cost: P 22,600.00
Slightly higher than what we have thought for an AMD budget system. The RAM part is where we think the budget might overshoot if you only have a budget of P 20,000 for building a PC. Not only there’s a worldwide price increase due to shortage of DDR4 that suppliers have to catch up with the demand, the compatibility factor when considering an AMD Ryzen build also kicks in making it harder and costlier to find a compatible one. Although there are people who have successfully used RAM that are not included in QVL list, we just don’t want to take chances and later on it might not work due to compatibility issue. The cost of this build can still be lowered with the following parts to consider:
- Seagate 500GB – P 1,500.00
- PC Options currently has an ongoing promo for this. Be warned though that it has note for CCTV or Back Up Use.
- Rakk Calam – P 1,050.00
- 2 3.5” HDD Tray, 2x SSD support, GPU clearance up to 340mm, CPU Cooler clearance up to 165mm. It supports only Micro ATX motherboard.
Overall, this build surely can do multitasking. Whether you play games or do productivity task for a living such as editing photos and videos, the Ryzen 3 1200 can surely handle all of it thanks to its quad core in nature.
Thanks for this reading as this wraps up our Budget Build for AMD Ryzen.
Please like and share our Facebook page: The Friday Geek