With AMD’s new line up of processors in the form of Raven Ridge, namely the Ryzen 3 2200G and Ryzen 5 2400G all have Vega 8 and Vega 11 as built in graphic cards, why not we make another build guide for it?
Ever since Cryptomining cripples the stocks of GPU making it very hard to buy a GPU for a justifiable price and good luck if you ever find one, it’s a good timing though that AMD released their budget processor with a very capable integrated graphic, the Vega 11.
Check out the image below for you to have an idea on what the Raven Ridge can bring to the table in terms of performance:
You can check out the following sites that has already upped their review for Raven Ridge:
So without further ado, check out our build guide below:
Processor : AMD Raven Ridge R3 2200G
Price: P 5,670.00
Processor : AMD Raven Ridge R5 2440G
Price: P 8,840.00
Motherboard: MSI A320M Grenade
Price: P 3,850.00
- An entry level AM4 Motherboard made by MSI. It has dual DIMM slot with maximum memory of 32GB up to 3200Mhz (OC), 4 SATA3 and 1 M.2 slot for storage, 1 PCIe 3.0 x16 slot for GPU, Realtek ALC887 Codec 7.1 HD Audio, 1 DVI, 1 VGA and 1 HDMI. Although the Ryzen 3 1200 is can be overclocked, the AMD A320 chipset has no overclocking support. If you need an Overclocking capable motherboard, just add P 800 pesos for Asrock AB350M Pro 4 mATX.
Motherboard: GSkill Ripjaws V 8GB 2x4GB 2800Mhz (F4-2800C15D-8GVRB)
Price: P 5,950.00
- Aside from GPU price that is still on the rise, we also have the RAM to think about. Unfortunately, we cannot bypass this part and we have to endure first the price increase so we can complete our build. This dual channel kit from G.Skill certainly helps our Ryzen build as it heavily favors dual channel set up. Also, since we will be using the integrated graphics, 8GB is the way to go. For now. And if your budget permits to do an upgrade and the prices have gone steady, you may want to consider bringing this to a 16GB of RAM level.
HARD DISK DRIVE: Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 1TB
Price: P 2,450.00
- Taken from our previous build guides. We want to put in this guide its 500GB counter-part but for a few hundred pesos difference, it’s a no-brainer decision not choose the 1TB option. After all, most of the games available right now are at least 10GB of HDD requirement. Not to mention the updates it will have as you go on.
Power Supply: Seasonic ECO Series 430 Watts
Price: P 1,830.00
- Seasonic is one of the trusted Power Supply brands and the most recommended as well by all PC lovers. Aside from its being being efficient and budget friendly, it has a solid 5-year distributor warranty for your peace of mind.
Casing: Tecware Element Mid Tower Case
Price: P 1,350.00
- One of the budget casing that Tecware has. It supports standard ATX motherboard should you wish to go with full ATX path. It has 4 3.5” bays for standard size HDD, 2x SSD support, 3 5.25” bays for your ODD needs, 350mm maximum GPU card length and 160mm maximum CPU cooler height. But if you can stretch your budget for casing, you can check the Rakk Kagi casing for P 1,500.00 or Tecware Edge Tempered Glass mATX / ATX casing for only P 1,900.00
To sum it up, total cost for the Ryzen 3 2200G build is P 21,100.00 while the Ryzen 5 2400G will cough you P 24,270.00. These two build can do productivity and gaming on a decent settings. Not only the Vega 8 and 11 can halt your GPU purchase since their prices have gone up crazy as of this time, the built in graphics also helps you to save up more for a very capable GPU if you want to game seriously. Also, before purchasing the said parts, please make sure that BIOS of motherboard is updated and can accommodate the AMD’s latest line up of processors. It will not boot into BIOS if it is not updated.
Thanks for this reading as this wraps up our Budget Build for AMD Raven Ridge.